Day 1: Labour day holiday. Was out most of the day. No work.
Day 2: Got the first cut of a toy information retrieval system working. Calling it NoteRanger. I started reading the book here. I started taking notes in mark-down following the suggestions made by David. I also took his search-the-notes system. But I am generating the index in C++. For now I am using his JS code to query, but I plan to write my own version there as well.
Did warm-up today, did code-dojo today. Ivo explained briefly how he wrote an IRC server to me. Continuing the Hardware Software Interface course for the third day today.
Day 3: I don’t remember what I did on day 3! (Note to self: That’s why it’s so important to blog everyday) Except that a few of us went to the Drunk Ted Talks on Conspiracies after RC and it was quite funny.
Day 4: Took the day off as I was not feeling well. Worked a little on NoteRanger. Made the search result show the header information and made the NoteRanger a github page. Also resumed working on BitFunnel. Tried following the instructions mentioned at the BitFunnel blog.
Day 5: Wrote an AND query in NoteRanger. Jake reviewed the html and js code and gave very good feedback. Now the static part is separated from the dynamic part, the js code looks much more readable and the bug that the form was getting submitted only on click has been resolved. Watched floating point representation from Hardware Software Interface course. Am not sure that I could understand it well. Need to dig that little more.