Who should join?
If you are enthusiastic about FOSS and sometimes/always wondering why there are so few women in India contributing/working in FOSS, please do join. People in the meeting would love to hear your ideas and suggestions to include more women in FOSS
If you are a woman and think that women in software should come together to address the common issues faced by them, please do join.
What is the agenda?
None decided. This is our first meeting and we will share our views and see what can be done. Roughly the discussion might be around –
- why and if at all do we need a group to promote FOSS among women in India,
- how we can improve networking among women in software in India,
- how we can unite to address common issues faced by women in technology in India,
- how we can help each other to build skills, expertise and grow professionally and personally
- if we can organize an event (something on the line of adacamp – (I really love the idea)) in India.
- anything that you wish to bring up to help the cause.
When and where is the meeting taking place?
When – Monday 29 April 2013 at 9pm IST (UTC+05:30)
Where – #wfs-india at irc.freenode.net